The Most Popular Cocktail Drinks
There are many types of alcoholic beverages and that each of these types has a variety of different types within that are made from the use of different ingredients as well as the process in making it. While there are essentially just beer, wine, and spirits in a broad sense of classification, the variety is not limited to just these.
Having an assortment of alcoholic beverages, man’s ingenuity has allowed him to further create new and more enjoyable drinks by adding and mixing up certain alcoholic drinks. Through this process, men have created cocktail drinks which are now very popular on every bars and clubs all around the world. There are some that are even popular the world over and gets a place in our most popular cocktail drinks.
- Martini – more popularized as James Bond’s cocktail drink of choice, the martini is made using gin and vermouth. It is either garnished using an olive or a lemon peel or twist. The drink is served using a martini glass. There are other variations to this drink wherein gin is often replaced with vodka.
- Margarita – this cocktail is made using tequila and mixing it with either lime or lemon juice. The rim of the glass wherein the margarita is served with is usually rimmed with salt. Margarita is evidently one of Mexico’s best contributions in the world of cocktail drinks and that it is also the most popular drink that makes use of tequila. The drink is served using cocktail glasses but can also be served using regular glasses on informal settings.
- Bloody Mary – this cocktail drink is popular during parties. The main composition of this drink is essentially vodka and tomato juice. However, it is often spiced up using tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and beef bouillon. In fact, this cocktail drink is often dubbed as the most complex drink.
- Tequila Sunrise – this cocktail has been named for the way that it looks when poured into the glass. The ingredients in making this cocktail are tequila, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. The alternate preparation is tequila, crème, lime juice, and soda water. This drink is served using a highball glass.
- Manhattan – this cocktail is made using whiskey, bitters, and sweet vermouth. Basically, the drink originated in New York and thus the aptly named Manhattan was given to the drink. This drink is served on lowball glass and often on the rocks.
- Rob Roy – this cocktail is very similar to the Manhattan, but instead of using regular whiskey, it is made using scotch whiskey and often served with either a lemon twist or a sweet cherry.
- Mojito – this cocktail drink is made using rum, lime, and mint. Sugar is also added to create the sweetness. This drink is served using regular glasses.
- Cosmopolitan – this cocktail is made using vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice. It is best served using a martini glass rimmed with salt and a garnish of lime.
- Screwdriver – this cocktail is made using vodka and fresh orange juice. This drink is served using a highball glass.
- Zombie – this cocktail drink is made using different liquors and fruit juices. The drink has a very fruity taste which conceals its alcoholic content. The drink is served using a zombie glass.